Indoor Air Quality in Delaware County
The average person spends upwards of 90% of their time indoors. And while most people are well aware of the dangers of outdoor air pollution, far less understand the threat posed by indoor air pollution.
In fact, the Environmental Protection Agency recently named indoor air pollution as one of the biggest environmental risks to public health in this country. According to that same report, the air inside many homes can be up to 100 times more polluted than the air outside.
Common Sources of Indoor Air Pollution
- Fumes from oil or gas combustion in your heating equipment.
- Deteriorating or poor quality insulation.
- Smoke from tobacco products.
- Mold and mildew growth.
- Chemicals applied to upholstered furniture and pressed-wood products.
- Chemicals released by new, damp or wet carpeting.
- Radon and pesticides.
- Household cleaning products.
Indoor Air Pollution and Health
It is unfortunate, but true, that the home—a place most people consider safe – actually exposes them to elevated levels of hazardous pollutants. Depending on the particular make-up of your indoor air, you may be exposing yourself to a whole range of health risks both short and long-term.
Short Term Effects:
- Irritation of the eyes, nose and throat.
- Trigger asthma attacks.
Long Term Effects: Prolonged exposure to contaminates in your air may pose long-term health risks for your family.
How You Can Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
You can fight back against indoor air pollution with a variety of high-tech systems:
- Whole House Air Cleaners purify your air and eliminate any airborne pollutants before they have a chance to enter the home and be inhaled by its occupants.
- Whole House Humidifiers distribute humidity and moisture throughout the home, decreasing overall bacteria levels and soothing asthma or allergy prone respiratory systems.
- Whole House Ventilation Systems ensure that polluted indoor air can be freely replaced with fresh outdoor air, keeping you and your family breathing easy
- Ultraviolet (UV) Lamps improve indoor air quality by destroying airborne particulate contaminants.
While each of these systems will help improve the air quality of your home, the best option for you will depend on your personal preference and the unique challenges of your home.
Take a deep breath—at Feehan Air Conditioning we are indoor air quality experts and will help you choose, install, and maintain the perfect system to fill your home with clean, pure air. Call us today!
Why Choose Feehan Air Conditioning
Feehan Air Conditioning offers a full range of same day emergency cooling services to all Tri-County area residents 24 hours a day and 7 days per week. Our fully licensed, insured and trained technicians are equipped with all of the tools and a truck full of parts to get the job done fast and affordably.
Have More Control Over Your Comfort The first air conditioning units had two settings—on and off. Either the temperature inside the house was different from the temperature outside of it, or it wasn’t. Nowadays air conditioners generally come with a programmable thermostat that provides more control over the system, saves money on utilities and conserves
Knowing the Functions of AC Parts Will Help to Make a Sound Investment When you purchase and install a window unit, it’s easy to assume that an air conditioner is just one piece. Compact, easy to lug around and not complex. The truth is, air conditioners are systems—intricate components connected to one another
Comfort Combined With Smart Use If you are looking to expand your home’s cooling and heating systems without breaking the bank, then look no further. Mini-split systems are just for you! But not every one of these systems is created equally. Many of the top manufacturers produce and market ductless mini-split systems, but Mitsubishi provides